On in the present day’s episode of “Empire,” Jason is joined by Byron Gilliam – a markets strategist and creator of the Blockworks publication. Usually known as the Matt Levine of Web3, Byron brings his conventional finance expertise to crypto with a mixture of knowledge and wit.
Jason and Byron cowl this week’s largest tales and discover crypto’s outlook as an investable asset class. Episode highlights embody:
- Why Byron frames crypto as commodities, not equities
- How non-public markets are dropping their benefit
- Why crypto could also be superb for customers, however a foul funding
- How OpenSea’s insider buying and selling information will have an effect on different Web3 corporations
- What occurred with Optimism’s airdrop
- Can L2s discover a sustainable income mannequin
- How BTC mining might gasoline development in renewable power
- Byron questions if MEV is crypto’s solely use case
- Why UST’s collapse was not crypto’s Lehman second
- and way more
Take a look at what they needed to say within the video beneath.👇
Concerning the present
“Empire” is a twice-a-week present the place we share the actual crypto tales that aren’t heard elsewhere. On Mondays, Jason and Santiago Santos interview crypto business movers and shakers to speak about their struggles, daring strikes and hard selections. End off the week with Friday’s weekly roundup episode that covers the highest information and narratives of the week.
For any NPR or Man Raz followers on the market, you may consider “Empire” as a “How I Constructed This” for the bitcoin and crypto business.
Get the day’s high crypto information and insights delivered to your inbox each night. Subscribe to Blockworks’ free newsletter now.